We are a full-service digital marketing agency focused on serving nonprofits and small businesses that have a positive social impact. We offer multiple services: branding + messaging, content marketing, digital marketing audit, digital marketing strategy, email marketing, Google Ads + paid search, Google Ad Grants, paid social media advertising, search engine optimization, social media marketing, and website design + maintenance. Let us help you establish a consistent marketing strategy to help you grow your business and meet your goals.
Our Founder: Ashlan Glazier-Anderson
Ashlan Glazier-Anderson is a seasoned marketing professional with over 15 years of experience in the field. She has worked in a variety of industries, from advertising agencies to corporate America to nonprofit organizations. She thrives on helping clients solve problems and create unique strategies to best reach their target audience, drive revenue, and grow their businesses at scale. As an entrepreneur, she can help you build a strong marketing function, with the right systems to get more done with fewer resources.
In January 2021, Ashlan launched AshbeanPDX Marketing, after being repeatedly asked if she knew anyone who offered freelance marketing services. Realizing that she could do it herself, Ashlan took the plunge and started her own digital marketing agency to be able to meet the need.
Ashlan holds a Master's degree in Strategic Communications from the University of Oregon and a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing from Portland State University (PSU). She completed a Certificate in Nonprofit Program Evaluation with the PSU Nonprofit Institute.
Ashlan is an active volunteer in her community and serves as the Board Chair of Betties360, President of AMA PDX – the American Marketing Association in Portland, and board member at large with the Willamette Valley Development Officers (WVDO). Through these organizations, she continues to increase her knowledge, strengthen her leadership skills, and expand her network to better serve her clients. In March 2020, she was recognized for her service to the community as a Portland Trail Blazers Hometown Hero by Director's Mortgage.
We weave these values into every strategy we work on and they guide our work with our clients.
1. Community + Connection: We know that more can be accomplished when we work together. Staying connected in our own local community and building connections in communities across the world is deeply important to us. Check out our Community page to see other service providers and entrepreneurs who we love to work with.
2. Continuous Improvement: One of the great things about digital marketing is that you can quickly test and learn what resonates and what does not with your audience, backed by ample data and analytics. We believe in continuously improving and optimizing strategies – there is never just a one-and-done solution.
3. Making an Impact: We focus on serving nonprofits and small businesses who have a social impact to further our own mission to make an impact through our work. We serve these audiences through our business and our teams also provide pro bono marketing support and volunteer in their local community.
4. Diversity: We love to work with organizations that value diversity in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, (dis)ability, age, religious commitment, or political perspective. As A BIPOC- and women-led organization we understand the intersectionality of held identities and strive to be good allies, act in a way that is anti-racist and anti-bias, and unite our community around what brings us together rather than what makes us different.
5. Equity: We believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement for all people. In our work with clients we use an equity lens to evaluate our marketing and communications decisions and reflect on how those may impact the presence or absence of equity.
6. Inclusion: We know that inclusion is about more than just inviting diverse individuals into your space. We focus on creating a strong feeling of belonging through our interactions with our clients and our community – as well as in the content that we create and distribute.
7. Accessibility: As we work closely with our clients, we center on digital accessibility – the practice of removing barriers that prevent interaction with, or access to websites, digital tools, and technologies by people with disabilities.
8. Curiosity: We ask lots of questions. We want to learn quickly about our clients' needs. We'll ask about what has worked for your organization in the past, what hasn't, and what your ideal state is for your business. To effectively serve you, we need to know about all the moving parts in your business, to understand what potentially may be a root cause of a problem we are trying to solve through your marketing and communications. We are not only digital marketing experts, we have experience in business and nonprofit management, strategic communications, sales, fundraising, and development.
9. Transparency + Accountability: As we work closely with clients, we will share our process. We know that some client-agency relationships don't last forever, so as we work together we will let you in on what we are doing to meet your business goals. We do this by reviewing the strategy we plan to implement, maintaining your access to all of your digital platforms, and sharing data and analytics so you understand the results.
10. Honesty + Integrity: Along with transparency, we operate with honesty and integrity. These may seem like givens, but we like to name them. We will be honest with you if a campaign is a total flop – though even if it is, that will give us valuable data to learn and pivot our strategies. We have integrity and will always do what we believe is right and true to our values. If something feels like it will be harmful or have a negative impact, we will find a different path.